1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 5, 2018 12:30 PM by Yuriy Fal

Monthly sales change -- broken out by customers who increased versus decreased (in aggregate)

Jeremy Rabson

Hi,

Hopefully someone can help with this.  We are using Tableau 10.0.14.

I am looking at the change in monthly sales and I would like to break that out in some different ways.  For example, in the attached packaged workbook October sales are 52.  November sales are 55 for a change of +3.  That +3 consists of two customers that increased (+8 in aggregate) and two customers who decreased (-5 in aggregate).  The ratio of increase to decrease = 8 / 5 = 1.6. 

The November to December sales change is +2.  That consists of two customers that increased (+6 in aggregate) and two customers who decreased (-4 in aggregate).  The ratio of increase to decrease = 6 / 4 = 1.5.

I would like to be able to draw a line or bar chart showing the November ratio and December ratio.  Of course I would like to do this for many months worth of data.

You can see the total sales figures by customer here:

Sales by Customer.png

You can see the calculation of the associated change in sales and its breakdown into customers that increased and decreased here:

Change Calculations.png

Thanks,

I very much appreciate the help we get from this community

JR