2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2018 3:40 AM by Ram Parmar

How to download multiple workbook from server in one click

Ram Parmar

Hi Everyone

Can any body tell me how can I download all the workbook which are published in one single project at tableau server in one click.

Thanks

ram

• 1. Re: How to download multiple workbook from server in one click
          Madhuri Singh

Hi Ram,

You can download the Tableau Workbook in one go by writing the .bat file.

Just write the mentioned code in Text Document and save it as .bat file. And then just double click on your .bat file it will download all the mentioned workbooks to the given path.

C:

cd \Program Files\Tableau\Tableau Server\10.1\extras\Command Line Utility -> ***Path of your command Line Utility****

tabcmd login -s ServerURL -u UserName -p Password

tabcmd get "/workbooks/WorkbookName1.twbx" -f "E:\TableauWorkbook\WorkbookName1.twbx"

tabcmd get "/workbooks/WorkbookName2.twbx" -f "E:\TableauWorkbook\WorkbookName2.twbx"

Mentioned above is the query to download the workbooks from the server.

Please in code name the workbook which you want to download & the path where you want to save the workbook.

As many workbooks in one click you want to download just write those many lines in the same .bat file itself.

Please do take care of the WorkbookName & its path.

Also if your published workbook is connected live then it will download the .twb file for you so instead of .twbx give .twb And if connected with extracted one then mention .twbx.

For more information or clarity about tabcmd (tabcommand) please go through the below mentioned link.

http://onlinehelp.tableau.com/v8.3/server/en-us/help.htm#tabcmd_cmd.htm#export%3FTocPath%3DAdministrator%2520Guide|tabcm…

Hope this will help you.

Thanks & Regards

Madhuri

• 2. Re: How to download multiple workbook from server in one click
            Ram Parmar

Hi Madhuri,

I don't want this manual process to download all workbook by writing name of each one report.

I want to get all workbook by simply giving project name.