4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2018 9:31 PM by Shinichiro Murakami

Quarter Calculation and using a single filter for two different sheets?

Samanth Yadav

Hi ,

I'm stuck up with Quarter Calculations and using a single filter for two different sheets on a dashboard.

Please see the attached images.

Question 1) Is it possible when we select the month/quarter filter (ex: 201711 or 2017Q1) to show the entire portfolio balance(i.e; the Ending FV) for the 2017 year for all the months?

Right now I'm using a separate filter for the Portfolio Balance. Is it possible to use only month/quarter filter which works for both the sheets.

sample.PNG

Question 2) For the segment premium wine, if I select the 2016 Q3 or 2017 Q1 the End Balance shows as Null. Is there any way we can change the calculation for the Quarter, let's say for 2016 Q3 the End balance should be as of September. But as we don't have any premium wine Value for September can we show the End balance as of August for 2016 Q3 as we have the end balance for August 2016. Similarly, for 2017 Q1 the End balance should be as of March. But as we don't have any premium wine Value for February and March can we show the End balance as of January for 2017 Q1 as we have the end balance for January 2017.

Quarter End Balance Null.PNG

Month End Balance.PNG

Attached the workbook.

Thank you.