2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2018 2:40 PM by patrick.byrne.0

Errors with Tableau Extract Creation from Spark Dataframes

Kasi Viswanadh

As per the Git hub project : werneckpaiva/spark-to-tableau

I have setup Tableau-SDK in Windows OS in my local system, I'm able to create the Tableau Extracts from Spark Dataframe for up to 10 tables, when its trying to create extract for 11th table always I'm getting below specified error. If I re-execute with next set of 10 tables its working good but always maximum of 10 extracts its creating.

Is there any limitation that maximum of 10 extracts(.tde)  can be created and do we need to set any property to fix this?

Configuration Details :

Spark : 1.6.2

Scala : 2.10.6

werneckpaiva.spark-to-tableau.0-1-0.jar

jna-3.5.1.jar

tableau-extract-9.1.0.jar

tableau-server-9.1.0.jar

tableau-common-9.1.0.jar

com.tableausoftware.TableauException: Unknown error

at com.tableausoftware.extract.ExtractAPI.initialize(Unknown Source)

at tableau.TableauDataFrameImplicity.tableau$TableauDataFrameImplicity$$createTableauTable(TableauDataFrame.scala:65)

at tableau.TableauDataFrameImplicity$$anonfun$saveToTableau$1.apply(TableauDataFrame.scala:24)

at tableau.TableauDataFrameImplicity$$anonfun$saveToTableau$1.apply(TableauDataFrame.scala:22)

at org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD$$anonfun$foreachPartition$1$$anonfun$apply$33.apply(RDD.scala:920)

at org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD$$anonfun$foreachPartition$1$$anonfun$apply$33.apply(RDD.scala:920)

at org.apache.spark.SparkContext$$anonfun$runJob$5.apply(SparkContext.scala:1858)

at org.apache.spark.SparkContext$$anonfun$runJob$5.apply(SparkContext.scala:1858)

at org.apache.spark.scheduler.ResultTask.runTask(ResultTask.scala:66)

at org.apache.spark.scheduler.Task.run(Task.scala:89)

at org.apache.spark.executor.Executor$TaskRunner.run(Executor.scala:227)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

We need to create extracts for 30+ tables, any help in this regard is greatly appreciated.