3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2018 11:51 AM by Matt Coles

Tableau Server Repository Data to visualize utilization across dynamic department headcount

Li Guo

Hi, there

I have a question on how to use Tableau Server Repository Data to visualize utilization across department in my company - I have no problem connecting and creating a few views by using this data-

The challenge here is that I want to view group utilization (users log in / total users in that group) along the time (month/week) - the denominator is the total number of users (including those never logged in). You can imagine the denominator can change, such as people rotate to a different group (we will reset his/her group in Tableau admin) or someone is one maternity leave (will put her on a temp group which does not count towards the utilization). In Jan, we have 20 marketing people and in the next month, it could be 18, so we want to capture the historical total users accurately -

With given information above, do you have any ideas which tables to use from this Tableau Server Repository so we can capture all those historical user information for utilization? Thanks