3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2018 3:53 AM by Roland Zimmermann

How to remove Tableau Online Sync Client from Autostart?

Roland Zimmermann

Hello,

can somebody tell me how to remove Tableau Online Sync Client from autostart (Windows 10)?

(I do not use Tableau Online any more and therefore do not want the sync client to be active)

Thank you,

Roland

• 1. Re: How to remove Tableau Online Sync Client from Autostart?
          Abhilash Sharma

Hi Roland,

Tableau Bridge aka Tableau Online Sync Client runs as a service in Windows.

So to remove it from auto-start I believe you need to remove this service from Windows services directly.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Abhilash Sharma

• 2. Re: How to remove Tableau Online Sync Client from Autostart?
            Saket Shelar

Hi Roland,

1. Open the Windows system tray, and select the Tableau Bridge icon to open Tableau Bridge.
            1. Near the bottom of the window, for Mode, select Service.

A sign-in window appears, prompting you to enter Windows credentials. For example, enter your own credentials if you are a local administrator on your computer.

In your list of Windows services, Bridge appears as Tableau Online sync service. You can see this in the Windows Services console or on the Services tab in the Task Manager.

To stop Tableau Bridge from running as a service:

• Near the bottom of the window, for Mode, select Application.

When Bridge is running as an application, it can only refresh extracts (cannot maintain live connections), and only when the user is logged on to Windows.

After this you can easily remove it from the auto-start menu.

3 of 3 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: How to remove Tableau Online Sync Client from Autostart?
              Roland Zimmermann

Dear Abhilash, dear Saket,

thank you for your answers - both have been helpful.

Saket, your hint regarding the icon in the system tray was very helpful for me.

The change of "mode" was not possible for me - since I did not have the "mode" entry (for whatever reason?).

But nevertheless, finally it worked out by using the function "Verknüpfung aufheben" (this is German; English maybe something like "cancel connection"). Now the service does not start any more.

Thank you both,

Regards,

Roland