1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 21, 2017 6:00 AM by Jim Dehner

Help required for applying table calculation on a dimension

sai lakshmi

HI Everyone,

I am trying to apply table calculation on a dimesnion,which is derived from a calculation.It returns string values.Is there any way  to apply tableau calculation on a dimension which holds string

Here are the options am able to see when I right click on the dimension named "Diagnosis/Therapeutic code".It will be helpful if anybody provides suggestions and solutions to achieve this.

Thanks & Regards

sai lakshmi

• 1. Re: Help required for applying table calculation on a dimension
          Jim Dehner

Good morning

I'm not clear on what you are trying to accomplish - can you provide something that outlines the expected results - as far as using a table calculation on  - yes there are some things you can do - e.g. lookup() that First etc

this is just a simple example from superstore where sum(sales) > 1000 are High else Low

I added a look back 1 value and then a first() calculation so you can see it can be done

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

1 of 1 people found this helpful