1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 27, 2017 12:31 PM by patrick.byrne.0

Create JIRA Hierarchy using Web Connector

Brad Quirk

Hi all,

I'm using the Tableau All-In-One Connector plugin (All-In-One Tableau Connector for Jira  | Atlassian Marketplace) to create automated dashboards for my client.

We're now moving beyond the vanilla hierarchy Atlassian use (Epic > Story > Subtask) and have created an artificial structure based on their [Issue Type] as such:

Initiative > Slice > Epic > Story > Sub-task

Each layer follows the typical one-to-many structure (e.g. one Initiative may contain many Slices, which may contain many Epics etc.)

Initiatives and Slices belong to the same backlog 'INT', and have their own unique [Key] ID much like Epics and Stories (e.g. INT-123, INT-200 etc.)

The issue I currently face is that the only way to identify the relationship between Initiatives/Slices and their children is through the [Linked Issues] field, which in its raw form is a single string delimited by semi-colons (e.g. 'ABC-123;ABC-124;DEF-567;GHI-789;GHI-1')

Is there a way I can dynamically link these tickets such that I can identify their hierarchy? I've attached a sample Excel sheet for reference.

BEFORE

KeyIssue TypeLinked Issues

INT-1

InitiativeINT-2;INT-3
      INT-2SliceINT-1;AST-1
      INT-3SliceINT-1;AST-4;AST-6
      AST-1EpicINT-2;AST-2;AST-3
      AST-2Story
      AST-3Story
      AST-4EpicINT-3;AST-5
      AST-5Story
      AST-6EpicINT-3;AST-7;AST-8