1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 13, 2017 3:02 PM by Amber Loranger

report with current year's monthwise load factor & comparison of current YTD & Previous YTD

Dhananjay Thite

Hello,

i wish to create a tableau Load Factor Analysis report as shown below,

for which, i have created below calculated fields,

1. YTDFlightDate : to show current years data monthwise,

2.  LF-Monthly : to show load factor monthly,

3. YTDCurrYear : to calculate current year YTD Load Factor,

4.YTDPrevYear : to calculate previous year YTD Load Factor,

to create visualization i put YTDFlightDate field on Column shelf & AGG(LF-Monthly), AGG(YTDCurrYear), AGG(YTDPrevYear) on Text Mark as measure values but im not getting the expected visualization as shown in above screen shot. its showing calculation for each month but not summarized in last two columns.

please find below screenshot of my tableau report

• 1. Re: report with current year's monthwise load factor & comparison of current YTD & Previous YTD
          Amber Loranger

HI Dhananjay,

Having a .twbx (packaged workbook) would help to see exactly what you are doing, but my first thought is that you might want to have 2 or 3 separate worksheets presented together on a dashboard, rather than try to fit it all into one worksheet.

When you use a dimension, like date, on a view, that dimension slices up your whole worksheet at that level, in this case, month. Looking at your mockup, you want to see the same data sliced up by month, and also by year. The best way I can think of is to have one worksheet like the one you have above, that shows by month, and then another which is at the year level instead of month level.

- Amber