2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2017 11:45 AM by Clair Wang

URLError generating trusted ticket Question

Clair Wang

Hi,

We have been running vizAlerts for a few month, recently we started getting below error messages.  When it occurred, Tableau server was working fine.  We wonder what below "did not property respond after a period of time" mean, is there a time out range when vizAlerts trying to connect to Tableau?  if yes, where is it set up?  I did not see it in either tableau config file or vizAlerts config file.  Any thoughts or advices are appreciated.

MainThread - 2017-12-03 13:45:21 - [ERROR] - get_trusted_ticket - URLError generating trusted ticket: [Errno 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond  Request details: Server: xxxxxxx.com, Site: , Username: srv_tableau_prod, Url: https://xxxxxxx.com/trusted, Postdata: username=xxxxxxx.

Thanks,

Clair

• 1. Re: URLError generating trusted ticket Question
          Matt Coles

Hey Claire. There is no timeout setting for general connectivity to Tableau Server in VizAlerts; only timeouts set for retrieving content from Tableau Server views. I haven't seen this problem except when there was an issue with Tableau Server or connectivity to it. So I would treat this as a problem rather than a setting to be adjusted, and troubleshoot accordingly. VizAlerts actually works really well as a "canary in the coal mine" that way, because when it complains, it is hardly ever an issue with VizAlerts itself--usually it's alerting you to a problem somewhere in your systems.

Is this happening consistently, or intermittently? If consistently, that should make it fairly easy to figure out. Try and reproduce the problem. Can you load Tableau Sever in the browser from the machine you're running VizAlerts from? Can you test generating a trusted ticket using this html code from the same location?

If it is intermittent, how often is it happening? If about half the time or a third the time, it could possibly be an issue with one of the nodes in your deployment, or maybe an external load balancer trying to reach one of them. If this occurs during a certain time of the day or night, look at CPU utilization information on your cluster for spikes happening at that time.

• 2. Re: URLError generating trusted ticket Question
            Clair Wang

Hi Matt,

Thanks for you quick response.  It occurred intermittently.  We will investigate.

Thanks,

Clair

1 of 1 people found this helpful