2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2017 6:21 AM by Jim Dehner

Not able to sync same alias name for Daily Sales,MTD Sales and YTD Sales worksheet

Adhi shankar

Hi All,

I have been building worksheets for Since launch sales,MTD and YTD Sales worksheets separately where i created calculated field for Success,Work In progress ,Failure since launch sales and formula as below .

Success : IF [Order Date] <= TODAY()  status='Success'THEN 1 END

WorkInProgress : IF [Order Date] <= TODAY() AND status='Work In Progress' THEN 1 END

Failure : IF [Order Date] <= TODAY()  AND status='Failure' THEN 1 END

i created calculated fields for MTD Sales as Success_MTD,Work In progress_MTD and Failure__MTD.

MTD_Sucecss : IF [Order Date] <= TODAY() AND DATEDIFF('month',[Order Date],Today())= 0 AND status='Success'THEN 1 END

MTD_WorkInProgress : IF [Order Date] <= TODAY() AND DATEDIFF('month',[Order Date],Today())= 0  AND status='Work In Progress' THEN 1 END

MTD_Failure : IF [Order Date] <= TODAY() AND DATEDIFF('month',[Order Date],Today())= 0  AND status='Failure' THEN 1 END

Same as like MTD , i created a calculated field for Success_YTD,WorkInporgress_YTD and Failure_YTD.

YTD : IF [Order Date] <= TODAY() AND DATEDIFF('year',[Order Date],Today())= 0 AND status='Success'THEN 1 END

YTD_WorkInProgress : IF [Order Date] <= TODAY() AND DATEDIFF('year',[Order Date],Today())= 0  AND status='Work In Progress' THEN 1 END

YTD_Failure : IF [Order Date] <= TODAY() AND DATEDIFF('year',[Order Date],Today())= 0  AND status='Failure' THEN 1 END

My requirement is to keep the same alias name as Success ,Work In Progress ,Failure headings for since launch sales,MTD,YTD Sales.

I am using single datasource to pull the data from database into Tableau desktop.

Unfortunately i will not able to attach the workbook as i am using client data .I apologies for the same.

Here is attached the list of tables i am going make it.

MTD and YTD sales.JPG

launch sales.JPG

attaching the error that i am getting as below

error.JPG

How we can provide the same measure header names for all three workseets.

Thanks

Adhi