1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2017 5:24 PM by Shinichiro Murakami

How to show aggregate data over time?

Zack Katz

Hello!

I am currently trying to create a graphic which shows total solar instillation over time in California. Essentially what I am looking for is a map of California for various time periods (2000, 2005, 2010) which shows total solar instillation at that date.

So, the map for 2000 would include all installations which occurred  1994-2000. The map for 2005 would include all installations which occurred 1994-2005. And the map for 2010 would include all installations which occurred 1994-2005.

Here is the map which I made that includes all installations and does not have the time variable added:

What I am looking for would look like this image below, except each year would include not just that year, but also all of the prior years as well. Like in this map, 2005 shows only the installations which occurred in 2005, but I want it to display all the installations for 1994-2005:

The relevant data includes for each solar installation:

date of installation

zip code

Tableau Workbook is attached. I am using Tableau version 10.4.

Here is a copy of my data as well: ALL DATA COMBINED (duplicates removed).xlsx - Google Drive

Any help would be much appreciated!

1 2 Previous Next