4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2017 11:35 PM by Tomer Davidyan

All option for custom sql query parameter

Tomer Davidyan

Hi,

I have a query that have 2 parameters that i call them from the report (bold):

select

[Dwh_Fact_Broadcasted_Items].[AssetId] AS [AssetId],

[DWH_Dim_Story_Content].[Story_Asset_ID] AS [Story_Asset_ID],

[Dwh_Fact_Broadcasted_Items].[RundownId] AS [RundownId],

[Dwh_Fact_Broadcasted_Items].[startDate] AS [startDate],

[Dwh_Dim_Title_Media_Info_V].[Title_Type_Name] AS [Title_Type_Name],

[DWH_Dim_Rundown_Assets].[Asset_Type],

[DWH_Dim_Stations].[name] AS [StationsName],

[Dwh_Dim_Title_Media_Info_V].[Title_Name] AS [Title_Name],

[Dwh_Dim_Title_Media_Info_V].[AssignTo] AS [AssignTo],

[Dwh_Dim_Title_Media_Info_V].[Journalist] AS [Journalist],

[DWH_Dim_Story_Content].[PlanningEvent] AS [PlanningEvent],

[V_FOR_RepetitionAssetID].[CountRepetitionAssetID],

[V_FOR_RepetitionPlanningEvent].[CountRepetitionPlanningEvent]

FROM [dbo].[Dwh_Fact_Broadcasted_Items] [Dwh_Fact_Broadcasted_Items]

INNER JOIN [dbo].[DWH_Dim_Rundown_Assets] [DWH_Dim_Rundown_Assets] ON (([Dwh_Fact_Broadcasted_Items].[AssetId] = [DWH_Dim_Rundown_Assets].[Asset_ID]) AND ([Dwh_Fact_Broadcasted_Items].[Site_id] = [DWH_Dim_Rundown_Assets].[Site_id]))

INNER JOIN [dbo].[Dwh_Dim_Title_Media_Info_V] [Dwh_Dim_Title_Media_Info_V] ON (([Dwh_Fact_Broadcasted_Items].[AssetId] = [Dwh_Dim_Title_Media_Info_V].[Title_Id]) AND ([Dwh_Fact_Broadcasted_Items].[Site_id] = [Dwh_Dim_Title_Media_Info_V].[Site_Id]))

INNER JOIN [dbo].[DWH_Dim_Stations] [DWH_Dim_Stations] ON (([Dwh_Fact_Broadcasted_Items].[StationId] = [DWH_Dim_Stations].[id]) AND ([Dwh_Fact_Broadcasted_Items].[Site_id] = [DWH_Dim_Stations].[Site_id]))

INNER JOIN [dbo].[DWH_Dim_Story_Content] [DWH_Dim_Story_Content] ON (([Dwh_Fact_Broadcasted_Items].[Site_id] = [DWH_Dim_Story_Content].[Site_id]) AND ([Dwh_Fact_Broadcasted_Items].[AssetId] = [DWH_Dim_Story_Content].[Story_Asset_ID]))

LEFT JOIN

(

SELECT

distinct Dwh_Fact_Broadcasted_Items.AssetId,

COUNT(Dwh_Fact_Broadcasted_Items.AssetId) AS CountRepetitionAssetID

INNER JOIN [dbo].[DWH_Dim_Rundown_Assets] [DWH_Dim_Rundown_Assets] ON (([Dwh_Fact_Broadcasted_Items].[AssetId] = [DWH_Dim_Rundown_Assets].[Asset_ID]) AND ([Dwh_Fact_Broadcasted_Items].[Site_id] = [DWH_Dim_Rundown_Assets].[Site_id]))

INNER JOIN [dbo].[Dwh_Dim_Title_Media_Info_V] [Dwh_Dim_Title_Media_Info_V] ON (([Dwh_Fact_Broadcasted_Items].[AssetId] = [Dwh_Dim_Title_Media_Info_V].[Title_Id]) AND ([Dwh_Fact_Broadcasted_Items].[Site_id] = [Dwh_Dim_Title_Media_Info_V].[Site_Id]))

INNER JOIN [dbo].[DWH_Dim_Stations] [DWH_Dim_Stations] ON (([Dwh_Fact_Broadcasted_Items].[StationId] = [DWH_Dim_Stations].[id]) AND ([Dwh_Fact_Broadcasted_Items].[Site_id] = [DWH_Dim_Stations].[Site_id]))

INNER JOIN [dbo].[DWH_Dim_Story_Content] [DWH_Dim_Story_Content] ON (([Dwh_Fact_Broadcasted_Items].[Site_id] = [DWH_Dim_Story_Content].[Site_id]) AND ([Dwh_Fact_Broadcasted_Items].[AssetId] = [DWH_Dim_Story_Content].[Story_Asset_ID]))

where Asset_Type = 'StoryAsset'

GROUP BY Dwh_Fact_Broadcasted_Items.AssetId,

[DWH_Dim_Stations].[name],

[Dwh_Dim_Title_Media_Info_V].[Title_Type_Name]

) V_FOR_RepetitionAssetID

ON ([Dwh_Fact_Broadcasted_Items].AssetId = [V_FOR_RepetitionAssetID].AssetId) AND ([DWH_Dim_Stations].[name] = [V_FOR_RepetitionAssetID].StationsName) AND ([Dwh_Dim_Title_Media_Info_V].[Title_Type_Name] = [V_FOR_RepetitionAssetID].Title_Type_Name)

LEFT JOIN

(

SELECT

distinct DWH_Dim_Story_Content.PlanningEvent,

COUNT(DWH_Dim_Story_Content.PlanningEvent) AS CountRepetitionPlanningEvent

and [DWH_Dim_Stations].[name] IN (<Parameters.Report1_StationName_Parameter>)

and Title_Type_Name = <Parameters.Report1_TitleTypeName_Parameter>

GROUP BY DWH_Dim_Story_Content.PlanningEvent,

[DWH_Dim_Stations].[name],

[Dwh_Dim_Title_Media_Info_V].[Title_Type_Name]

) V_FOR_RepetitionPlanningEvent

ON ([DWH_Dim_Story_Content].PlanningEvent = [V_FOR_RepetitionPlanningEvent].PlanningEvent) AND ([DWH_Dim_Stations].[name] = [V_FOR_RepetitionPlanningEvent].StationsName) AND ([Dwh_Dim_Title_Media_Info_V].[Title_Type_Name] = [V_FOR_RepetitionPlanningEvent].Title_Type_Name)

and [DWH_Dim_Stations].[name] IN (<Parameters.Report1_StationName_Parameter>)

and [Dwh_Dim_Title_Media_Info_V].[Title_Type_Name] = <Parameters.Report1_TitleTypeName_Parameter>

Those 2 parameters are from closed lists.

I added to the lists the 'All' option.

I created 2 calculated filed (for example what i wrote for the Station Name):

[Report1_TitleTypeName_Parameter]= 'All' OR  [Report1_TitleTypeName_Parameter]= [StationsName]

i added those filters to the filter section but i am getting just false option (not true as i saw in different examples that i founded and did in different report).

When i choosing the 'All' option, i don't get anything (empty report).

Can someone help me to understand what i am missing and how i can solve this issue ?

Thank u,