2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2017 8:53 AM by Alex Kagan

Tableau Server 10.1.3 Download PDF Sheets in Workbook downloads dashboards

Alex Kagan

Hi All,

At one point when I was testing tableau I swore the Download PDF feature in Tableau Server downloaded all the Sheets when the Sheets in Workbook was selected similar to "the Sheets in Dashboard" option. When I select that option however it downloads the Dashboards in the workbook instead of the sheets. Is this a bug or as intended?

2017-10-25_13-41-49.jpg

• 1. Re: Tableau Server 10.1.3 Download PDF Sheets in Workbook downloads dashboards

Hello Alex Kagan,

By design, when using a dashboard, only the part of the view shown on the screen can be exported to PDF.

Have you tried exporting to PDF (print to PDF) from a worksheet rather than a dashboard. You can do this on Tableau Server or Tableau Desktop.

Another option would be following the steps below:

1. Open the dashboard on Tableau Server, and then click Edit.
          2. Select the download icon located in the icon ribbon and select PDF.
          3. In the Export PDF dialog box, make the following selections, and then click Download:
          • Layout: Portrait
          • Content: Sheets in Dashboard
          • Paper Size: Unspecified
          • Scaling: Automatic

----------

Lénaïc RIÉDINGER, Global Community Engineer Tableau

Tableau Community Forums | Knowledge Base

If you see a Helpful or Correct response, please mark it thanks to the buttons below the targeted post!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Tableau Server 10.1.3 Download PDF Sheets in Workbook downloads dashboards
            Alex Kagan

Hi Lénaïc,

Unfortunately those export options don't solve my problem. I have a large list in a worksheet that's part of the dashboard and requires scrolling.

Even using the settings mentioned doesn't solve the problem. The only way I've been able to get it to work is using the Sheets in Dashboard setting but I can't download all the sheets within a workbook.

Thanks,

Alex