2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2017 11:03 AM by sophie fang

SAML Post logout to Tableau Get HTTP 500 error

sophie fang

Env:

IDP: CAS Server SSO

Tableau Server version: 10.3.x

After logging in via our single sign on server, it redirects to Tableau Server page correctly; While logging out from tableau redirects back to Single Sign on server which is also correct; however, it stays in the SSO server log out page without going back to Tableau Server. I checked the " log " inside Tableau Server. It does give below error:

2017-10-23 11:47:52.123 Eastern Daylight Time 443 "POST /wg/saml/SingleLogout/index.html HTTP/1.1" "-" 500 5257 "480" 46872 We4PKAoEILdddAdfdfsdfgAAAEn

Any one knows why and how to fix it?

• 1. Re: SAML Post logout to Tableau Get HTTP 500 error
          Carisa Chang

Hi Sophie,

There are a few things that could cause this error. I'd start by taking a Fiddler trace of signing out, so that you can see the assertions being sent between your client, the IdP, and Tableau Server. If you need help capturing/interpreting that trace, that is something Tableau Support can assist you with if you open a case.

• 2. Re: SAML Post logout to Tableau Get HTTP 500 error
            sophie fang

totally agree. i have read the article you posted from previous reply. It did give me some new thought. Although i can see the XML logouRequest being sent from my idp server back to SP-tableau server, i can't be certain if the xml msg actually reached to tableau server or not. We got Digicerts for both tableau server and sso server though. So i am not sure if SSL can really cause the issue. I have added tableau cer in my idp's truststore. Do i also need to add idp cer in tableau...? ....