4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2017 6:55 PM by Rahul Singh

Show labels for Min only?

Carla Intal

I have a simple line chart as below.

Snap2.png

But whenever I drag the player name to the label marks card, my chart goes haywire.  Why is this so?  I'm attaching my spreadsheet.

Snap3.png

• 1. Re: Show labels for Min only?
          Anisha Jhamb

Because, there exists more than one player name for each point on the line (intersection of x and y axis).

Its equivalent to placing Player on Details here in this case. So, Tableau tries to plot each intersection, now that, Level of Detail is deeper with Player in picture.

What is the goal here? If you state more clearly about what you are trying to achieve, the community members can help.

Regards!

• 2. Re: Show labels for Min only?
            Rahul Singh

Hi Carla,
            Is this something that you want :

Thanks
            Rahul Singh

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Show labels for Min only?
              Carla Intal

Hi Rahul, yes! How did you make that. It seems like you did a calculation.

• 4. Re: Show labels for Min only?
                Rahul Singh

Hi Carla,
                I used a LOD calculation and dual axes for the above result. Following are the steps:

First create a measure to calculate the minimum age for every year:

Secondly create a calculation which gives the name of the player for the minimum age calculated earlier.

Now we are done with the calculations , its time for us to use dual axis to get the result.
                Drag Year to the columns .
                Drag the calculated measure Min Age Per Year twice to rows:

For the second measure on the Rows select the mark type to be circle.
                Make the measure as dual axis and then go to edit axis and uncheck the include 0 option. Synchronize both the axes.
                Click on the  second Min Age Per Year ( the one for which the mark type is circle ) and drag the created field Player name on to the labels . Align the labels and you are good to go:)

Hope this helps

If this answers your question please mark this answer as correct and close the thread by marking the question answered so that others in the community can also benefit from the same.

Cheers
                Rahul Singh

1 of 1 people found this helpful