Senior Software Engineer – Fairfield County
* Tableau and SQL Software Engineer in Fairfield County
Must have Tableau and SQL. They are using Tableau 10.1-- the key for this role is the depth of Tableau experience.
Person should be able to Architect, Build and Report with Tableau, essentially a Subject Matter Expert.
The other key is experience with SQL. Not a SQL developer or a SQL DBA. Just be able to understand how to manipulate the data with SQL.
Last key is they must come from an Agile environment.
Cultural fit is also important. Fast moving environment--timelines are very tight. Must be flexible and able to multi-task. Very collaborative environment.
- The candidate will be required to work closely with Analytics team analysts, development, and other project managers to analyze and validate data visualization and business intelligence requirements.
- Design, develop and integrate functional executive dashboard systems using Tableau Desktop and Server to enable easy interpretation of portfolio status, workflow, and actions.
- Partner with the Analytics team to adhere to corporate BI standards for reporting services
- Partner with the security team to develop standards for hosting Tableau services/application.
- Participate in design reviews of prototypes, and applications ready for production
- Develop a solution/framework for provisioning data for consumption by business users who create Tableau reports.
- Maintain existing and developed Tableau code and optimize/streamline informational lining and feeds.
- Integrate tasks/activities into project plans in support of product enhancements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Business Information Systems with 5 years’ experience in configuring, designing and building complex visualizations and dashboards using Tableau
- Demonstrated experience with Tableau Server Infrastructure, specifically publishing and back end administration.
- Strong SQL skills using Hadoop, SQL Server preferred.
- Experience with predictive and prescriptive data analytics, to include regression analysis and simulation a plus
- Expertise in visually representing complex databases and data modeling.
- Expertise in the research, development, and support of data visualization techniques
- Strong communication & presentation skills, particularly with clients, team leads, & managers.
posting from https://www.linkedin.com/in/roberteclark/
Contact: Bob Clark - 860.278.5840 x245 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Other postings available
* Java 1.8 Software Engineer for a great robotics company in Hartford County
* T-SQL & PL/SQL Software Engineer in Fairfield County
* Senior Software Implementation Engineer for Accounting Software in Fairfield County
* Systems Compliance Analyst overseeing major investment portfolio in W. Hartford.
* Director of Software Development – Simsbury, CT
Women’s Marketing, Inc. a marketing services and media buying company focusing on delivering insights,
innovation and optimal value across multiple media platforms to our 300+ clients. We are the leader in media
strategy, planning and buying for emerging and re-emerging brands targeting women.
As a result of growth, we are seeking a numbers-driven Manager, Analytics who will help execute, manage, and
optimize our digital marketing campaigns. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, excellent
communication and technical skills, a team player philosophy, highly organized and solid technical understanding
of online marketing.
Regular responsibilities include but are not limited to:
The Manager will collaborate across multiple client projects, acting as an analytical leader and insights-
hungry team player. He/ She is the point-person for analytics across key verticals
Define learning objectives, KPIs, and supporting metrics based on business objectives and design
Tell a comprehensive story of how users respond when they interact with our clients' advertising,
content and product experiences.
Leverage a broad range of data assets to identify key learnings and actionable insights that inform
Collaborate with other teams as an analytics leader to inform design, automation, content, and user
experience development decisions
Develop meaningful relationships with clients to deliver strategic insight and impart recommendations
that improve clients' business
Lead client-facing presentations
Required Skills & Experience:
Bachelor degree or higher
Minimum 3+ years of experience working in digital media analytics
Exemplary business judgment as well as problem solving and analytical skills, with a proven record of
leadership and innovation
Experience working with data from across the online advertising eco-system including Ad servers and
Brand Safety & Verification (comScore vCE, Double Verify, MOAT, Integral Ad Science) etc.
Deep knowledge of at least one web analytics tool with experience implementing analytics
Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with proven ability to demonstrate data
interpretation that maps back to client business objectives
Experience in a client-facing role
Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including a keen ability to be
persistent while remaining personable
Must be extremely proficient in MS Excel (Excel VB a plus) and PowerPoint
Ability to effectively prioritize and execute multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment is crucial
Familiarity with data visualization/business intelligence tools and packages (Datorama, Tableau) a plus
Familiarity with data aggregation and statistical packages (SQL, R, Python) a strong plus
Interested candidates should apply by submitting their resume and cover letter along with salary requirements to
email@example.com. Due to the volume of applications, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Product/Project Manager Position
Our client is the largest parking company in North America with a web
infrastructure encompassing desktop, mobile-optimized sites, and mobile apps
which together receive over 350,000 users monthly. These sites manage over
3000 parking lots, all of which have dozens of variables for pricing and logistics,
which vary by the hour.
We are seeking a Senior Digital Project Manager, with 5-10 years of project
management experience– preferably within a digital agency environment– to join
our team for the project.
The Project Manager is responsible for:
company’s custom-built CMS which manages over 3000 parking lots
across 55 individual websites
developers working on custom and open source platforms
execute, and report on the progress of all digital initiatives
and mobile projects
requirements analysis through design, development and maintenance.
NY metro based, but “work from home” and virtually managing projects is a plus
Note-- although this is not a Tableau-focused role, this company uses Tableau and the role could include that in the future.