2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2017 5:24 AM by Tushar More

Tableau server back up issue

Tushar  More

Hi Experts,

I am trying to move log files on azure cloud (Blob storage). Here is the command that I am using:

AzCopy /Source:C\"Program Files"\Tableau\"Tableau Server"\10.3\bin /Dest:https://xxx.blob.xxx.xxx.xxx /DestKey:key /Pattern:"logs.zip" 

However, I am getting following error.

Incomplete operation with same command line detected at the journal directory "C
      :\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Azure\AzCopy", do you want to resume
      the operation? Choose Yes to resume, choose No to overwrite the journal to star
      t a new operation. (Yes/No) y
      Unhandled Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: Only one transfer is allowed with stream journal.
        at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.DataMovement.StreamJournal.AddTransfer(Tran
      sfer transfer)
        at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.DataMovement.TransferCheckpoint.AddTransfer
      (Transfer transfer)
        at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.DataMovement.TransferManager.GetOrCreateDirectoryTransfer(TransferLocation sourceLocation, TransferLocation destLocation, TransferMethod transferMethod, TransferContext transferContext)
        at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.DataMovement.TransferManager.<UploadDirectoryInternalAsync>d__70.MoveNext()
      --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
        at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
        at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.AzCopy.BlobFileTransfer.DoTransfer()
        at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.AzCopy.AzCopy.ExecuteTransfer()
        at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.AzCopy.AzCopy.Execute(String[] args)
        at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.AzCopy.AzCopy.Main(String[] args)

Does anybody has any idea how to move log files to azure storage? My tableau server is installed in VM.

Would appreciate your help.

~Tushar

• 1. Re: Tableau server back up issue
          Glen Robinson

Hi Tushar

I dont know much about Azure Copy, but I would look at your syntax

1: Are the logfiles in the bin folder?

2: the command should look more like this (then what you have) (ie check your double quotes locations)

AzCopy /Source:"C:\Program Files\Tableau\Tableau Server\10.3\bin"/Dest:https://xxx.blob.xxx.xxx.xxx /DestKey:key /Pattern:"logs.zip"

Hope this helps

Glen

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Tableau server back up issue
            Tushar  More

Hi Glen,

Thank for pointing me to the syntax of the command. I've fixed up that. Actually, I have created a backup script as below and need some help to make it work.

1. tabadmin ziplogs -l -n -f -p "C:\Program Files\Tableau log\ logs.zip”
            2. tabadmin cleanup
            3. AzCopy /Source:<source_path /Dest:<dest_path>
            4. tabadmin backup backup_Test -d –v
            5. timeout /t 90
            6. if tabadmin status != 'RUNNING' then <code_to_email_an_alert>

Step 3: tabadmin commands require the bin directory where as Azcopy works with the AzCopy installation directory (%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft SDKs\Azure\AzCopy).

Will the script automatically change the path? If not, please tell me what modifications need to be done?

Step 6: If I replace <code_to_email_an_alert> with tabserveradmin@admin.com, then is this correct?

Would appreciate your help.

~Tushar