2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2017 11:56 AM by shaily jain

YOY for Monthly/Weekly, date selected with 15 periods in view

shaily jain

Hi,

I have a View Selector(Monthly/Weekly) , Date Selector and only 15 periods in the view. Could anyone please help me in creating YOY sales chart where YOY= Current year sales/Previous Year Sales with same period?

• 1. Re: YOY for Monthly/Weekly, date selected with 15 periods in view
          Norbert Maijoor

Hi Shaily,

Find my approach as reference below and stored in attached workbook version 10.4 located in the original thread.

1. Current Date: #1-1-2013# to be replaced by today()

2. Current date Previous  Date: date(str(int(mid(str([Date (current)]),1,4))-1)+str(mid(str([Date (current)]),5,6)))

3. Monthly view: if DATEDIFF("month",[Order Date],[Date (current)])=0 or DATEDIFF("month",[Order Date],[Current date Previous Year])=0 then [Order Date] END

4. Weekly view: if DATEDIFF("week",[Order Date],[Date (current)])=0 or DATEDIFF("week",[Order Date],[Current date Previous Year])=0 then [Order Date] END

5. Drag required objects to the indicated locations on the Monthly sheet

6. Drag required objects to the indicated locations on the Weekly sheet

7. Exclude Null on the calculated Fields Weekly & Monthy View

8. Define sheet selection as explained here

Regards,

Norbert

• 2. Re: YOY for Monthly/Weekly, date selected with 15 periods in view
            shaily jain

Hey  Norbert,

1. I want to have a bar chart which shows all the 15 previous periods as per the date selected.

2. I want it to show YOY values represented by each bar in the chart. Can I calculate it?  when I have already filtered my data in view only to show current 15 periods.

Current Year monthly Value/ Previous Year Monthly Value