2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2017 9:27 AM by Catherine Brown

How to Implement UI Design with Tableau?

saikaruna.nimmala

Hello Everyone,

I would like to know the skillset required for a Tableau Developer to implement the UI design. I have no idea about the implementation and

don't know what exactly the UI designers do. Also I have no idea about what their skillset usually is. I just have an understanding that we need

to put in some code/script to implement UI design with tableau.

Can someone please explain me briefly about this or post appropriate links here?

I have a UI designer who can help me but he has no clue about how tableau works.

I want to know what skills I could learn from this UI designer which are required for Tableau.

I mean how to take the help of this UI designer?

Thanks,

Sai.

• 1. Re: How to Implement UI Design with Tableau?
          Catherine Brown

Have you had a meeting with him/her to discuss what they do?  Done some personal research to find out more about the position?  There is a lot of documentation on the web about the UI role and what it can mean. The role of a UI designer can be very specific to your field and the requirements of your company.  Tableau has features which can help you keep your workbooks and dashboards on brand, but there really isn't specific code for that.  There are tools as well which can add to that, but it depends on what resources your company has available. It really is highly dependent on the project, and what you are trying to accomplish.

So, I recommend sitting down again with him/her, possibly after doing some further reading yourself on what they can do, and then seeing how they can help you keep your Tableau workbooks on brand.  They don't necessarily need to know how Tableau works, if you can show then what you have and what you are trying to accomplish.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to Implement UI Design with Tableau?
            Catherine Brown

If you can find out what sort of software/development environment the previous UI developer used, that will help you out quite a bit.  I know there countless ways that other organizations have expanded the UI of the Tableau experience, so without knowing what tools and techniques they used it is hard to know where to start.  Some places require the UI developer to be quite technical, whereas others might not. For instance, we greatly expanded ours by our app developers creating a custom environment using .net.

1 of 1 people found this helpful