1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 12, 2017 3:55 AM by lenaic.ridinger

Point on Line Graph Unexpectedly Showing & Has No Underlying Data

Chase Kapitzky

Thank you for viewing my question - I appreciate any feedback at all. I apologize for not being able to post the full twbx due to work restrictions, so I have provided screenshots of the issue. I hope they are sufficient. Please let me know if anything else is needed. Thank you!

Using: Tableau 10.0

Description of Problem:

I have a line graph (see image below: Line Graph) that is filtered to show the last 8 quarters of a date field (1/1/2016 to 12/31/2017).

For some reason, a point for 2015 Q4 is showing in the line graph (2015 Q4, of course, falls outside of the above date range).

When I right-click to View Data behind this point, the Summary tab (see image below: Summary) shows the YYYY QQ and the associated value that is appearing on the line graph, but the Full Data tab (see image below: Full Data) shows 0 records (empty table).

Questions (all kind of related to one another):

How can a point outside of the specified date range be showing up on the line graph?     (Tried to answer this myself by Viewing Data...but see next question)

How can a point's View Data show Summary information with no Full Data records to create the Summary?

Line Graph:

LineGraph.JPG

Summary:

Summary.JPG

Full Data:

FullData.JPG