2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2017 6:33 AM by Michael Chambers

Tool Tips and Relevant Values

Michael Chambers

I have 3 base metric fields. (FailCount) (FailType) (SampleSize) ie. (FailType) is either High or Low.

I then have 2 calculated fields for High and Low counts: (HighCount) and (LowCount) ie. (HighCount) = IF (FailType)="High" THEN (FailCount)

Then 2 more calculated fields for High and Low percentages: (HighPcnt) and (LowPcnt) ie. (HighPcnt) = (HighCount) / (SampleSize)

All fields show correctly, but I'm trying to design the Tool Tip such as this... I want to only show the percentages in the data table. Then when the user hovers over the percentage for High, I want to show the (HighCount) value. But when they hover over the Low percentage, I want to show the (LowCount) value.

How can I get the tool tip to be smart enough to understand that I want the numbers behind the percentage? If there are 3 Low Fails, and 2 High Fails, the best I can get it to do in the tool tip is show a count of 5 Fails. Any ideas?...show less

• 1. Re: Tool Tips and Relevant Values
          Shinichiro Murakami

HI Michael

It's difficult to understand your request without data and the solution differs from the data structure.

Please attach packaged  workbook (**.twbx)  to get answer faster.

Thanks,

Shin

• 2. Re: Tool Tips and Relevant Values
            Michael Chambers

My apologies. Attaching one now. I also realized in my explanation that I typed it wrong. It should have read (HighPcnt) = (HighCount) / (SampleSize)

In the attached workbook, I ultimately only want to show the first two columns with the two percents. I let the other three in there for debugging.

In the first example for Pat, my goal is to see a Count of 6 when I hover over the 15% and a count of 2 when I hover over the 5%.

I read something about a new feature in 10.2 that may help with this, but we are restricted to 10.0 for the time being.