1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 7, 2017 7:23 AM by Matt Coles

VizAlerts test using test_alert comment

Shafi Mohammad

Hi,

We have VizAlerts setup in two environments where in one environment the VizAlerts.py script is scheduled to run every 4 mins on the task scheduler while on another environment it is scheduled to run every hour (on the hour).

When I test VizAlerts in one of the environments where the VizAlerts.py script is scheduled to run every 4 mins using the 'test_alert' comment, I receive the alert email either when I enter the comment and run the VizAlerts.py script manually or enter the comment and wait while the VizAlerts.py script is run via the task scheduler.

However, in the other environment where the VizAlerts.py script is scheduled to run every hour, I receive the alert when I enter the comment and run the VizAlerts.py script immediately but would not receive an alert when I enter the comment and wait for the VizAlerts.py script is run via the task scheduler.

Is there any setting or behavior that would make VizAlerts to recognize the test comment only for a specific period of time?

Regards,

Shafi

• 1. Re: VizAlerts test using test_alert comment
          Matt Coles

Yes. There is a five minute window on the "test_alert" comment detection. VizAlerts is designed to run every minute, so it you don't set it up that way, unexpected stuff like this can result. I recommend rather than tweaking the logic, to simply run it every minute. It really shouldn't be a heavyweight process.

If you simply can't do that for reasons I can't grasp, then you can edit the VizAlertsConfig workbook, and modify the Custom SQL in the data source to change the time range that comments are recognized in.

1 of 1 people found this helpful