2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2017 12:38 AM by Tushar More

How to show KPI's by Current Week, Prior Week and Program To Date

Sekhar Gandham

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the Tableau development and need help in displaying KPI's.

Data I have (Source - Teradata table):

Want to show this way:

Thanks,

Sekhar

• 1. Re: How to show KPI's by Current Week, Prior Week and Program To Date
          Justin Larson

Hi Sekhar.

The exact table layout will be a little difficult predominantly because you have date ranges that would fall into more than one category. The way I handled this was to use the Totals function of a table, hiding some data, but the result is that the layout is slightly different than what you have listed. You could potentially accomplish a pseudo layout like you posted if you create two sheets with the same table layout, but different aggregations, hide header labels on one, and put them next to each other on a dashboard.

Also notice that I've simulated "This Week" using a parameter just because the data is stagnant. In a live workbook, you would just use TODAY() in place of that.

See 3 calculations and let me know if any of it warrant explanation:

End of this Week

Conversion

WeekType

The way I accomplished table layout was to hide value "Earlier Week" resulting from WeekType calculation, but include hidden values in Totals. %Difference calculations were just done using the UI - click on a sum pill>Quick Table Calculation>Percent Difference, and then setting the Relative To and aggregations as needed. It could certainly be customized to supress the zero values under "Prior Week", but I figured this gets you close enough to do what you want to from here.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to show KPI's by Current Week, Prior Week and Program To Date
            Tushar  More

Hi Sekhar,

I am assuming that you want current week, previous week, program to date values.

You can create 3 calculations based on Today().

Using these calculations, you can create %contribution.

Let me know if it helps.

~Tushar