2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2017 4:33 AM by Fathiha Kousar

Rank multiple measures/calculated fields

Fathiha Kousar

Hi,

I need to know if there's a way to rank multiple measures in tableau. I have around 10 calculated fields and I want to know the top 3 values among these.

Can anyone help me with this?

• 1. Re: Rank multiple measures/calculated fields
          Matt Lutton

If the data structure were such that all measure values were in one column, and all measure names in a separate column, it would be a bit easier to do all in one view.

Beyond restructuring your data, can you get around showing all of them at once?  What is the business requirement -- perhaps there is another route that would work as an alterative?

Assuming each measure is a separate column, it would be tricky (but likely possible) to get them ranked all in one view without creating Multiple Sets, Rank calcs, etc.

Any chance of a .TWBX file example to demonstrate what you're working with (the data structure matters in particular)

• 2. Re: Rank multiple measures/calculated fields
            Fathiha Kousar

Hi Matt,

I am calculating a total score for an issue based on sub scores. There are several metrics that contribute to the score. I need to display the top 5 metrics that are increasing my score and hence I need to know which component is 1st highest, 2nd highest and so on. I'm attaching the workbook for your view.