6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2017 1:22 PM by Soumita banerjee

Bar on Forecast Bar

Soumita banerjee

Hello Everyone,

While creating a forecast chart, I found these bars. What are these lines in forecast bars? How can I remove them without removing the upper and lower 95% prediction interval? Thank you.

FC.JPG

• 1. Re: Bar on Forecast Bar
          Matt Lutton

Please consider posting a .TWBX file so we can see/understand all the various options you are using -- you can mock up a sample using one of the superstore datasets that ship with Tableau, or mock up a sample of your own data structure (randomizing any sensitive info, of course).

Its hard to say what is going on, or what control you have over the behavior, without seeing a packaged workbook.  I hope this helps!

• 2. Re: Bar on Forecast Bar
            Soumita banerjee

Thank you for your quick reply. Here is the screenshot of the entire screen. My data consists of only population by year and a

Calculated Rate (population / count of records * 100,000). I am confused about these whiskers on the bars. Appreciate your help.

FC2.jpg

• 3. Re: Bar on Forecast Bar
              Matt Lutton

Try right clicking on either axis and see if you can "Remove reference line" from either side.  It should be removable if Tableau added it automatically, but its hard to say without a sample TWBX

• 4. Re: Bar on Forecast Bar
                Soumita banerjee

Thank you for your suggestion, Matt. Here is the .twbx. Unfortunately, these are not reference lines. I guess these are not Average line either as no reference lines are added.

• 5. Re: Bar on Forecast Bar
                  Matt Lutton

Sorry, but you'll need to "Extract" your data source (right click on the data source name and choose "Extract Data") in order for me to be able to see the source.  If it's confidential data, do not post on this Forum -- instead, copy 1000 records into Excel, and randomize anything that is sensitive before creating a workbook/extract.  Hopefully, this makes sense but let me know if you need assistance.

Another option is to file a support case: Support Case | Tableau Software

• 6. Re: Bar on Forecast Bar
                    Soumita banerjee

Hello Matt, sorry the data extract failed even after several attempts. Fortunately, I found that those bars are 95% Prediction intervals of the Bars. I have 2 different forecasts in the same worksheet - one as Line and another as Bar.

The estimated values for Line chart is showing as line and for Bar chart, it is showing as the whiskers. Thanks for your help, specially explaining the process to hide them. That helped.