1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 25, 2017 5:28 PM by Shinichiro Murakami

Remove columns with monthly data

Andy Dalugoda

I have two questions hope you guys/gals can help

i have a text table that shows performance index for 3 most recent months, i was able to create a calculated field that shows the change in index for those 3 months. I also want to create a 3rd metric that shows the average of the change for those 3 months

I'm using WINDOW_AVG([calcPerformance]) to calculate the average change for the 3 months. it works fine but it shows the same value 3 times. is there a way to get the average value to show only just once?

second question: i assume this is pretty simple but i have not been able to figure out

I would like to show 6 month or year change. for instance most recent data i have is for June 2017 and i would like to compare that value to January 2017, if it is july 2017 then to February 2017 so on.

i have tried lookup function but it will only work if i show historical data all the way back to January in the text table. is there another way to do this where i can show performance for past 3 months and also have separate columns that show 6mo, 12 mo change?

hope all this makes sense and i really appreciate all your help

thanks,