11 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2017 2:00 PM by Michael Le

Tableau Conference 2017 Las Vegas

Eric Mayberry

Anyone planning on going to the conference? I would love to get together with other Institutions to see what kind of dashboards are being produced...especially in the Finance work stream of the university.

• 1. Re: Tableau Conference 2017 Las Vegas
          Michael Le

Hi Eric,

There will be a Higher Education only lunch on Tuesday or Wednesday, but there is usually not much time for socializing at that event. I want to organize a meet up for brunch on Monday between 11 am and 12:30pm. From brunch, we can form smaller interest groups to continue to Makeover Monday, Featured Speaker - Talithia Williams, Data + Women, and then the Welcome Reception.

There's a discussion on the LinkedIn AIR Group titled "Institutional Researchers attending the Tableau Conference?" where we're trying to plan a meetup for Monday.

• 2. Re: Tableau Conference 2017 Las Vegas
            kenbrown

There is an Education networking lunch on Tuesday. But I agree there isn't time during it for any in depth conversations. I like the idea of trying to get people together Monday before the other events get rolling. I'd be happy to be involved.

• 3. Re: Tableau Conference 2017 Las Vegas
              Michael Le

I would like to propose an Education meetup at 6:30 pm. That should give everyone who is taking a class enough time to decompress and everyone who wants to explore the Welcome Reception & Data Village time to do so.

Since Alteryx (Booth #152) is the top sponsor, they should be easy to find. My vote is that we meet there and hang out until the event closes at 7pm. From there, those that want to go do a show and tell can demo some of our work to each other. What do you think kenbrown?

• 4. Re: Tableau Conference 2017 Las Vegas
                kenbrown

That sounds good to me. See you there.

• 5. Re: Tableau Conference 2017 Las Vegas
                  Michael Le

Eric Mayberry - Does this work for you? If so, I'll post it on the AIR LinkedIn forum which as few more people asking about a meetup.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Tableau Conference 2017 Las Vegas
                    kenbrown

I'll also get it posted to the Higher Education Data Sharing (HEDS) consortium list serve. There is overlap with AiR but those monitoring the list are quite active and using Tableau is growing rapidly for everyone in higher ed IR as was obvious at the AiR conference in D.C. and the HEDS conference in Cincinnati this year. I'll also mention it on the Google Higher Ed Tableau User group that is fairly active.

• 7. Re: Tableau Conference 2017 Las Vegas
                      Cassidy Macias

Hello,

I'm on the Education team at Tableau and wanted to chime in with a few additional details.

Monday - there will be a space for our Education clients to mingle with peers and Tableau reps at the Welcome Reception

Tuesday - there are 2 education meetups to be aware of: Canvas will be hosting a breakfast from 7-8AM and Tableau will sponsor a lunch from 12:15-1:15PM.

Wednesday - there is an education user group from 10:15-11:15AM with presentations by Humboldt State University and York County Schools.

On behalf of the Education team, we look forward to seeing and meeting with all of you. Please let us know how we can help you before or during the conference - we're happy to make introductions to other universities, schedule a meeting with Tableau executives, arrange other space to meet, customize your schedule, recommend sessions, etc. We're here for you!

Best,

Cassidy Macias

cmacias@tableau.com

PS - I work with Texas and Louisiana accounts.

• 8. Re: Tableau Conference 2017 Las Vegas
                        Eric Mayberry

Yes - Lets plan on it!

• 10. Re: Tableau Conference 2017 Las Vegas
                          Eric Mayberry

Thanks for the replies - Apologies for not paying attention. My profile still has my old email address from my previous employer, thus I do not receive notifications on my posts

Looking forward to collaborating on our dashboards!

• 11. Re: Tableau Conference 2017 Las Vegas
                            Michael Le

*** Here is the final message I’m circulating. There will be a space at the data village for education, but since I do not have an exact location and already started telling people about the Alteryx (Booth #152), let’s just keep it there. ***

Eric Mayberry (OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY), Ken Brown (WHITWORTH UNIVERSITY), and Michael Le (HUMBOLDT STATE UNIVERSITY) are organizing an independent Higher Education meetup at 6:30 pm on Monday at the Data Villiage. We're meeting at the Alteryx (Booth #152) and will hang out until the event closes at 7 pm. From there, those that want to hang out longer can find a space to further network.

Stay in the know by joining the following Google Group.