2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2017 9:20 AM by Sara Kim

Download/copy crosstab shows measure names with table calculations description "along other measures"

Sara Kim

Hello, When looking the view on dashboard - it looks great - I have measure names in rows shelf along with measure values. But when I try to copy/download cross tab - it shows along table calculation description. How can I get measure names with same orders and display just like its shown in dashboard ? I changed the alias also, but wasn't successful.

It looks like below when download/copy cross tab

• 1. Re: Download/copy crosstab shows measure names with table calculations description "along other measures"
          Matt Lutton

Instead of editing/updating your aliases on the viz, try dragging your Table Calculations to the Measures area of your data pane.  This will allow you to give each Table Calc a unique name, plus it allows you to reference that calculation later in other views.  Hope this helps!

This option is similar, but shows dragging and dropping into a new calculated field editor that is blank -- you can simply drag the Table Calc to measures (no special keys) and it will prompt you to give that measure a new name.

Cheers,

• 2. Re: Download/copy crosstab shows measure names with table calculations description "along other measures"
            Sara Kim

Hi Matt,

Thank you for responding to my issue.

I don't quite understand what you mean by dragging table calculations to the measures area of data pane?

This is how tableau panes look like currently along with measure names and measure values....

I see this issue when I am applying custom colors to the measure names. For instance - I wanted to bold or change color or the last two rows by each Entity so I dragged measure names to the color marks and then cross tab shows 'along with text for each table calculations

When I didnt apply color to measure names - cross tab shows data like below which is what I want...

Thanks again!