1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 17, 2017 11:35 AM by Michel Caissie

filtering on a combination of words in descriptions

Inneke Beirnaert

So, I'm struggling with the following issue: I have a bunch of projects, with certain activities underneath.

For example project A consists of a starting point, an experiment, a data reading and a peer review. Project B consists of an experiment and a peer review and project C consists of an experiment and data reading and project D consists of a starting point and an experiment.

What I want to achieve is to filter on a combination of words in my project activities. I want to be able to only see the projects that contain data reading or peer review.

So, I must see projects A, B and C with all activities (so not only filtering out only data reading or peer review, I must see all the activities of that project).

I tried with creating a parameter called Description with following formula:

IF CONTAINS([ACTIVITY DESCRIPTION], 'reading') or CONTAINS([ACTIVITY DESCRIPTION], 'peer review') THEN 'Filter' ELSE 'Show'END

unfortunately, when I then put the parameter into filters and select show, it gives me only 2 results and only showing me 'data reading', so not all activities for that project.

Someone has any clue to help me? It's very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Inneke

• 1. Re: filtering on a combination of words in descriptions
          Michel Caissie

Inneke,

you can create calculations like

isReading

{FIXED [Projects]: MAX(IF CONTAINS([ACTIVITY DESCRIPTION], 'reading') then 1 else 0 end)}  =  1

which will return true if the project have at least one Description containing  'reading'

isPeerReview

{FIXED [Projects]: MAX(IF CONTAINS([ACTIVITY DESCRIPTION], 'peer review') then 1 else 0 end)}  =  1

which will return true if the project have at least one Description containing  'peer review'

You can then build you filter with

isReading  or  isPeerReview   and keep the true values

Michel