Job Opportunity: Tableau Developer (6 month Contract), Metrotown, Burnaby, BC
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented lumber company with operations in Canada and the United States. We have an annual production capacity of 3 billion board feet and offer one of the most diverse lines of lumber products to customers around the world.
What We Offer
Interfor is where excellence meets opportunity. We invest in your success by positioning you alongside the best people in top quartile mill facilities located in great communities across North America. In the past decade, we’ve infused close to $1 billion into modern facilities and systems that employ the latest technologies.
Interfor is one of the largest lumber companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success.
We are currently recruiting for a Tableau Developer for our Metrotown, Burnaby, BC location. The Business Optimization team who focus on customer, product and market analysis, channel and territory analysis, and sales & logistics data analytics are in need of a Tableau Developer. The successful candidate will design, develop and support custom built reports and dashboards using Tableau for the Business Optimization team. Additionally, this person will work with teams to understand opportunities, test solutions, train users on new processes and tools, and drive adoption. Please note: this position is a 6-month contract with the possibility of extension.
What You’ll Do
- Design, develop and support custom built reports and dashboards for the Business Optimization team.
- Work closely with cross functional teams as an active and strategic participant in the design, development and testing of reports.
- Working closely with team to ensure reports performance is optimal for all end users
- Provide trouble-shooting analysis and resolution in a timely manner
- Continuously identify opportunities that exceed initial requirements and produce reports that can be consumed in the most efficient and simplest manner
- Provide recommendations on departmental standards surrounding systems architecture, application development, systems integration, and data modelling and testing.
What You Offer
- Bachelor’s or Collage degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or related discipline
- Three plus (3+) years of experience with Tableau products
- SQL experience a strong benefit but not required
- Familiarity with best practices around visualization and design
- Strong report and dashboard design experience
- Experience as both a developer and mentor
- Lumber industry and related experience considered an asset but not required
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
Interested in being a part of our team? Apply online at www.interfor.com/careers
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ***, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.