Exciting opportunity with an emphasis on dashboard design for healthcare policy available in Somerville, MA! I don't work there, but I have a lot of respect for their team.
Open Position: Consultant
Do you like leading and collaborating with high performing teams, thinking systemically, have strong analytical skills, and want to improve the health care system? Day Health Strategies is searching for a smart, high energy Consultant to support and lead portions of our client projects. The Consultant will work collaboratively with our client teams and internally to facilitate problem solving of complex business and healthcare questions. The Consultant should be able to gather and analyze qualitative data from clients and be comfortable working with quantitative data. They will also assist with general research and prepare deliverables, including presentation materials.
The ideal candidate will have at least five years of work experience, with a demonstrated interest in and understanding of health reform and improving health care delivery. The candidate should be excited to keep up with happenings in the health care space, both locally and nationally, as well as support teams that are helping to transform health care through project-based work.
Candidates should possess a background in health policy, business/health administration, and/or public health. The candidate should be self-motivated, detail oriented, highly responsive and able to work with minimal supervision.
This is a full-time position with some flexibility. The person who fills this position will work primarily from our office in Somerville, MA.
- Support client projects by developing qualitative approaches for the completion of project deliverables. Includes gathering data through interviews and facilitated workshop sessions. Design and facilitate workshop sessions; create presentations. Work with DHS team members and clients to refine and deliver the approach.
- Exceptional ability to anticipate client questions, analyze and synthesize material, and lead projects. Think ahead about deadlines and manage team to exceed client expectations.
- Design and prepare clear, compelling, and visually appealing documents for executives, including dashboards.
- Conduct program evaluations by designing an evaluation plan, collecting data from multiple sources, analyzing it, and creating final reports and recommendations.
- Determine appropriate uses of the Day Health Strategies’ MOSAIC Maturity Model with clients.
- Lead the development of general presentation materials, with an emphasis on clear, easy to understand visuals based on complex material. Possess knowledge and experience creating charts, graphics and timelines in MS PowerPoint and be willing to learn other programs. Ability to edit existing MS documents and create PowerPoint presentations as needed.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Public Policy, Business or equivalent. Five years of work experience, preferably client or customer-facing.
- Exceptional skills of working with clients and teams in a collaborative manner. Strong listening skills. Demonstrated ability to facilitate problem solving sessions and generate solutions.
- Strong analytic skills. Demonstrates clear and logical thinking. Comfortable with numbers and online research; detail-oriented. Ability to present information (oral and written) in a clear and concise fashion.
- Experienced in project management; strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, with little or no supervision, and sometimes with short notice. Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks/projects concurrently.
- Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with MS Project or other project management software is a plus. Graphic design skills are also a plus, i.e. ability to create visually appealing graphs, diagrams and time-lines.
Please forward a resume and letter of interest to: Dani@dayhealthstrategies.com