2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2017 4:32 PM by Elie Rahi

Colour palette keeps changing

Elie Rahi

I don't know what's happening here. The colours that I've chosen for my bar charts keep changing every time I open the workbook or if I change between worksheets. The colour reverts back to a Tableau default.

• 1. Re: Colour palette keeps changing
          Jonathan Drummey

Hi Elie,

In the future, whenever possible please post a packaged workbook with sample data so we can see what's going on and don't have to guess quite so much. There are three possibilities I can think of:

1) The pill on Color is a parameter and not a field. The workaround is to create a calculated field that has the parameter value and use that instead.

2) The pill on Color is a discrete (blue pill) measure whose values are being regularly updated so when ever the view refreshes the data changes and the color palette is adjusted. In this case the workaround is to either use a continuous (green) pill or to create a calculated field that uses IF/THEN or CASE statements to return categorical values that don't change every time the view is updated.

3) A Tableau bug. There's a historical bug on Tableau Server where views would occasionally lose their colors, there might be something like that happening.

If it's not one of these things then please post a packaged workbook with some sample data that demonstrates your problem.

Jonathan

• 2. Re: Colour palette keeps changing
            Elie Rahi

Hi Jonathan,

I've attached the workbook.

I'm thinking its number 2, but unsure how to go about it.