2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2017 2:35 PM by Larry Tsai

Gantt Chart Adding Multiple Bars in Same Row

Larry Tsai

In my Gantt chart, I have a Planned Duration and Prior Planned Duration to show how the plan has changed. I need to be able to plot the two gantt bars on the same row with different start positions to show the change in plan. See attached workbook.

• 1. Re: Gantt Chart Adding Multiple Bars in Same Row
          Tom W

If you plotted these two items on the same row, the orange one would entirely overlap the blue one. Or, would you put the orange one 'behind' the blue one so the orange one shows at the end? This would work if everything always has the same start date, but it won't work if you end up with the 'orange' starting for example on June 1 as then the blue bar being at the 'front' would override it.

• 2. Re: Gantt Chart Adding Multiple Bars in Same Row
            Larry Tsai

Wasn't clear in my explanation. My fault. The two bars for plan and actual should stay separate. They should be in two separate rows. In the data, there is a Prior Plan Start and Prior Plan End date. The prior dates are the original dates that was set for a plan. Sometime down the road, we decide to change the plan. I'd like to see this change on the plan row. So in the workbook, there is a calculation Prior Duration that I want to plot on the same row as the Plan duration but starts at a different position.

I think I need to add in some sort of offset but not sure how.