2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2017 11:34 AM by David Kacheol

Top N and Set Value

David Kacheol

Hello all,

I'm having an issue displaying objects in a line graph.  I have Market Share data (%) broken down by state.  My dashboard allows one to click on a state from a map and then the market share line graph shows the top 4 companies' 5 year market share trends.  This is done by using a Top filter.  The map currently shows the market share for a single company of the user's choosing.  I want to be able display the top 4 companies' market share trends as well as the specific company selected for the map in the line graph.  I cannot share the data unfortunately because its not mine.

Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: Top N and Set Value
          Tom W

David Kacheol wrote:

I cannot share the data unfortunately because its not mine.

Any suggestions?

Potentially you could use action filters to achieve this, but I'm struggling to visualize what you are asking. I'd suggest creating a sample which replicates your scenario using the Superstore sample data. See Packaged workbooks: when, why, how

• 2. Re: Top N and Set Value
            David Kacheol

In this example, I'm would like to always have the 'product' selected for the map appear in the top 4 sales trends whether or not it actually is a top 4 product for the chosen state.  I would then in theory have 4-5 lines in the graphic depending on the state.  If you look at California, Cafe Mocha doesn't show up, however, I would like it to with the top 4 products as well.