1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 27, 2017 3:40 PM by Patrick A Van Der Hyde

Showing total orders and deliveries by month in a single table/chart

Hari Prasadh

I have data at individual transaction level; using it to calculate couple of different statistics (Percentile cut-offs, Coefficient of variation etc) so granular data  is key (~10 million records)

For simplicity sake let's consider sales/fulfillment data in one table: then we have for each individual order, its order date and the fulfillment (delivery) date.

I can create 2 different graphs: One focusing on Volume of orders received by month and another Volume of orders fulfilled in that month

Is it possible to put these 2 in one single graph/table? I cannot stack the Order/Fulfillment date data outside of tableau for couple of reasons (duplication, consistency in filter logic with rest reports)

May be the tool is not designed for such questions ("Replicate a report or chart designed in another tool") but would like to confirm given that the article is ~4 yrs old

• 1. Re: Showing total orders and deliveries by month in a single table/chart
          Patrick A Van Der Hyde

Hari,

Seeing the data here would help a lot and/or letting us know what you have tried.  I suspect the view desired could be achieved with a join between your orders received and fulfillment tables on order id. 

Is every order in the view fulfilled in the same month?  I suspect not so how/what should Tableau do with the orders fulfilled in a following month (or not yet)?  They are two different views that I imagine - quantity of orders in a month and quantity of fulffiled/shipped in a month and these are two separate views in a dashboard. 

Do you have a workbook that contains data that can be shared?  Also - what version of Tableau are you working with? 

Check out our Workbook & Calculation Library as well to see if there is any example in there that may help. 

Patrick