1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 14, 2017 10:26 AM by Deepak Rai

Grouping in Tableau

Josiah Lewis

Hey community, new to Tableau so please forgive my ignorance here.. I have a data table that is returning something like the below:

Case ID       Movement ID      Movement Indicator        Case Indicator

123               1                         Hit                                   Miss

123               2                         Hit                                   Miss

123               3                         Miss                                Miss

124               4                         Hit                                   Miss

124               5                         Miss                                Miss

125               6                         Hit                                   Hit

125               7                         Hit                                   Hit

Long and short, if any movement associated with each case is a miss then the entire case is considered a miss. I would like to display this in Tableau to show a hit ratio at both the movement level and the case level. So, in the above example, it would be Movement: 5/7 and the Case: 1/3. I know how to achieve the first, but I do not know how to group by the case ID, any insight would be helpful!