1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 13, 2017 7:00 AM by Jim Dehner

Filters in Worksheet and Dashboard

Yamini Raju

Hi,

I have created 2 worksheets namely "Calendar View" and "Cross Tab". The worksheet consists of the below filters:

Calendar View:

Week(Date)

MY(Date)

Emp Name

Cross Tab:

Week(Date)

MY(Date)

Department

PROBLEM: Created a new dashboard named as "Dashboard_Details", which consists of worksheets "Calendar View" and "Cross Tab". Here the filters in both the worksheets are repeated. Such as below

Week(Date)     - used for change the visual for Calendar View

MY(Date)        - used for change the visual for Calendar View

Emp Name     - used for change the visual for Calendar View

Week(Date)     - used for change the visual for Cross Tab

MY(Date)          - used for change the visual for Cross Tab

Department     - used for change the visual for Cross Tab

Is it possible to create a filter in such as way which displays as below ?????

Week(Date)     - used to change both Calendar View and Cross Tab

MY(Date)         - used to change both Calendar View and Cross Tab

Emp Name      - used to change both Calendar View and Cross Tab

Department     - used to change both Calendar View and Cross Tab

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Yamini

• 1. Re: Filters in Worksheet and Dashboard
          Jim Dehner

Hi

It would be easier to understand the solution below if you provided a twbx workbook with your data

the short answer is yes you can do what you want - the example is from superstore data - you can always use that as a proxy if your data is sensitive

I made 2 worksheets with Year/Month on the rows and subcategories on the columns - added sales and profit to the viz

then I put Manufacturer on the filter shelf but did not put it into the rows or columns (only used as a filter)

I then put the 2 worksheets on the dashboard and made the first sheet a general filter action and added a second filter going from the 2nd sheet to the first sheet (see below) the action was set to work on the "Selected Field" and I set that field to Manufacturer

Now when you use the Manufacturer drop down on the second sheet in the d/b it filters the data for the selection on the first sheet - ie changes the sales and profit consistent with the manufactures selected even though Manufacturer does not appear on the sheet

Let me know if this helps

Jim