4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2017 8:34 AM by Arjan Hada

Scatterplot, binning and calculations

Arjan Hada

I am trying to show the difference between movies based on novels and not based on novels (Dimension- Based On Novel) on two criteria Profit and Ratings. I made a [scatterplot](https://public.tableau.com/profile/arjan.hada#!/vizhome/movies_novel_notnovel/Scatterplot?publish=yes). However, it is really hard to see the difference. If you have a better idea for showing the difference please help.

I came up with the idea to compute following metrics in Tableau,

(# movies based on novel with ratings > 5.944 and Profit >= 1000M)/(Total # of movies based on novel)
      (# movies not based on novel with ratings > 5.944 and Profit >= 1000M)/(Total # of movies not based on novel)

(# movies based on novel with ratings > 5.944 and Profit >= 500M)/(Total # of movies based on novel)
      (# movies not based on novel with ratings > 5.944 and Profit >= 500M)/(Total # of movies not based on novel)

(# movies based on novel with ratings > 5.944 and Profit >= 250M)/(Total # of movies based on novel)
      (# movies not based on novel with ratings > 5.944 and Profit >= 250M)/(Total # of movies not based on novel)

(# movies based on novel with ratings > 5.944 and Profit >= 0)/(Total # of movies based on novel)
      (# movies not based on novel with ratings > 5.944 and Profit >= 0)/(Total # of movies not based on novel)

I can calculate the metrics in Python, but not sure how to do it in Tableau and plot it. Can you please help me?