2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2017 7:24 AM by zelong zhao

Data invisible even the connection is built

zelong zhao

Hi guys,

I try to connect Tableau to Impala on amazon ec2. The connection is successfully built, I can see the schema, but the data is invisible.

Capture.PNG

Has anyone run into this before? Does this have anything to do with firewall?

• 1. Re: Data invisible even the connection is built
          Vanessa Harmon

Hi Zelong,

That behavior does seem unusual. If you click through to a worksheet, and add a field to the view does any data appear there? Do you notice if there's any difference in behavior if you connect to another data table in the same DB? Or maybe with another DB?

Some data sources will not show a preview, but the data will be there- and that's an expected behavior. I don't believe it's expected for Impala, but it's good to determine if the same behavior occurs with other data sources as a way of trying to figure out if there is an environmental cause.

• 2. Re: Data invisible even the connection is built
            zelong zhao

Hi Vanessa,

Thanks for the reply. If I go to a worksheet. There is no dimension or measure fields. All the tables in this data source tend to have the same issue. However other data sources work well. This is weird because several days ago I connected to this data source and things work fine. And I didn't change any settings or environment. Do you have any other ideas? Thanks.