1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 10, 2017 8:00 AM by Jeff Strauss

Tableau UI shows backgrounder status as down but in tabadmin status as running

Sailaja Chintala

Hi,

On Tableau server server status page, the backgrounder status shows as down but running on the tabadmin status.

I have tried to restart the server and also ran the below command,

tabadmin clearcache

also, tried killing the backgrounder.exe on the task manager. But there wasnt any progress to this issue. Our server is currently configured with 10.2.1version and had no issues until two days back. On the 'background tasks for extracts', all the extract tasks were shown in pending and priority 0 and were there for a longtime with the same status.

I have tried generating the logs snapshot from the server for the last 7 days and with the help of logshark tried to analyze. However, background workbook was not generated by default and even after adding the plugin for backgrounder while running the logshark, it didnt capture the results for backgrounder.

Could you please suggest on resolving this issue at the earliest. I have seen some posts which suggested to reinstall the server. But as this is our Integration server and also its not a good practice to re-install. I have not done it.

Appreciate your reply.

Thanks,

Sailaja