1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 10, 2017 11:53 AM by Patrick A Van Der Hyde

Data not showing up in Server, whereas shows up in desktop

Amit Parihar

I have a dashboard which is using a filter at the data source level, which is something like " USERNAME()=[LANID] ", with [LANID] being a dimension. What this dashboard does is, it allows users to see only the data that is associated with them. I am able to verify this on the desktop by using the "Filter as User" function.

However when the dashboard is published on the server, the actual user is not able to see the data. He sees all the structure, the text, colors and banners, but not the actual data. This would generally happens if I logged on the server as myself and since I am not on the part of the user group, I won't be able to see any data even though I can see the report. What I don't understand is why is this happening with someone who is in the usergroup.

Unfortunately, I can't share the workbook, because its company data, and also because the user filter, where the problem I am facing will not really work with an extract version. Any questions you may have which will help shed more light to the situation and help towards us finding a solution, let me know and I will be more than happy to answer.

Thank you for your help on this.