What version of Tableau are you using?
I'm using Tableau 10.3.
OK, so in the attached 10.3 workbook I used the Superstore data to create a viz of the US with the Four Corners states grouped together. (I live in NM)
Here are the steps:
1. Select the four states (or European countries)
2. Right-click and group them
3. Right-click the new field in the data window, and Edit Group
4. Select the 'Other' group (generated by Tableau), then click Ungroup.
5. Drag the state (or country) field out of the viz.
Now Europe should be grouped, and all other countries in your database should remain.
Four Corners.twbx 1.2 MB
Thank you for your reply.
But I don't think this would work in my case as I don't have data by European Union (EU) member states. So I can't group them.
My data is aggregated at the EU level.
Let's say I have the following dataset:
United States; 10
European Union; 9
Hope this is clearer.