3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2017 4:46 AM by Michael Gillespie

3 Different Calendars

Abhinn Tewari

How do i create a view that changes as per the selection in parameter which has 3 values Wiz ('Standard Calendar Year', 'Fiscal Year', 'Sales Year'). I have these 3 different years whose starting month is different for each.?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: 3 Different Calendars
          Michael Gillespie

The short answer is, you need to take your DATE field (whatever it's called in you data set) and make 2 copies of it.

Leave the original date field alone with it's Fiscal Year property set to January.

Rename the first copy of the field to <Fieldname>-Fiscal Year.  Change the Fiscal Year property to the initial month of your Fiscal Year.

Rename the second copy of the field to <Fieldname>-Sales Year.  Change the Fiscal Year property to the initial month of your Sales Year.

In the calculated field that uses the Parameter values (Calendar/Fiscal/Sales Year) use the appropriate date field to swap in the right field that corresponds to the selection.

IF <ParamValue>= 'Calendar Year' THEN <DateField>

ELSEIF <ParamValue>= 'Fiscal Year' THEN <DateField-Fiscal Year>

ELSEIF <ParamValue>= 'Sales Year' THEN <DateField-Sales Year>

END

Make sense?

• 2. Re: 3 Different Calendars
            Abhinn Tewari

Yeah Michael, Thanks for your inputs. I have tried the similar thing, It gives the data correct individually. But when i try to use it with parameter in a single view the data doesn't change as per the selection. The value remains same with respect to standard calendar.

Thanks.

• 3. Re: 3 Different Calendars
              Michael Gillespie

Any chance of you sharing a packaged workbook so we can work through it live?