2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2017 9:06 AM by Harika Puppala

Inconsistent axis for same measure across multiple charts in a dashboard

Harika Puppala

Hi,

Is there a way or any work around to make the axis consistent for multiple reports in a dashboard?

I have to get the axis range same for all the 3 reports. (cant fix the axis. As data refreshes, axis has to change accordingly)

Refer the attached workbook Dashboard 2. (Tableau version 10.0)

Regards,

Harika

• 1. Re: Inconsistent axis for same measure across multiple charts in a dashboard
          Simon Runc

hi Harika,

So here are a couple of ways to do this...

One is to use a FIXED LoD to workout the MAX Sales for any of the weeks (in any 3 of the time slices)...the formula I've used is

[Current Last or LY Max Sales - Fake Ref]

{MAX({FIXED DATETRUNC('week',[Order Date]): SUM(IIF([Is Current Month?] OR [Is Last Month?] OR [Is Last Year Month?], [Sales],NULL))})}

then bring this into each sheet (in the detail), and then you can create a reference line based off this calc. This will force the Axis to the Reference Line and so sync the Axis. I've left the reference line visible, so you can see what's going on, but you can set line to none in your final version. I also has to bring in the value for the reference line (else the label on the highest bar, make that Axis a little higher than the rest). Again you can set the reference line label color to white so is disappears from view.

Slightly simpler is to create a real dimension for your 3 "is ..." booleans, and then just create them all in one sheet, so they share an axis.

Hope either of these fly for you!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Inconsistent axis for same measure across multiple charts in a dashboard
            Harika Puppala

Thank you so much for your help Simon. This really works