1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 21, 2017 12:54 AM by Donna Coles

Tableau License

Kumar Guntupalli

Hi Gurus, Good Afternoon.

I need to know how Licenses Works in Tableau

Let Suppose Say we have 10 Licenses Available and here are the list of Users

1. Admin

2. Arnold

3. Don

4. Lucy

5. Paula

6. Gary

7. Tracy

8. Thomas

9. Pam

10. Wayne

and we Do have two Sites available    

Site 1 and Site 2

Arnold and Don are the Site admin for Site1 and Site 2

For Site 1 I assigned the users                                                      For Site 2

1. Lucy  Interactor                                                                      1. Thomas Viewer

2. Paula Viewer                                                                           2. Pam Interactor

3. Gary  Interactor                                                                     3. Wayne Interactor

4. Tracy Viewer                                                                          4. Lucy  Viewer

My Question is Lucy has Interactor Licence in Site 1 and Viewer Licence in Site 2.      As Tableau Stand Point, Lucy will considered for 2 Licenses or Just One License. Or Tableau just consider how many users are in the system who is Interactor, Viewer,Publisher,Site Administrator, SYSTEM Administrator irrespective of the Different types of licenses in different sites.