5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2017 8:53 AM by Russell Christopher

Storage used or consumed by each tableau server site

Adam Adam

Hi,

Is there any way to get how much storage is being used by each tableau site.

Please the attched screenshot
      postman_storage

Thank you

• 1. Re: Storage used or consumed by each tableau server site
          Russell Christopher

Hi Adam!

Can you re-phrase your question? The screenshot itself answers your question, so I'm not clear what you need. Are you asking how to GET to this screen? How to get this information using a different technique?

• 2. Re: Storage used or consumed by each tableau server site
            Adam Adam

Hi Russell,

I was looking to see if there is a different technique to get the same information in the screen. It is not easy to get that information from the screen especially if you have hundreds of sites.

Please advise.

Thank you

• 3. Re: Storage used or consumed by each tableau server site
              Russell Christopher

OK. So can you explain how you'll consume it, then? I have some other ideas, but if you have hundreds of sites, you're still going to need to browse hundreds of data points.

Please explain the "perfect" way this info would be presented to you.

• 4. Re: Storage used or consumed by each tableau server site
                Adam Adam

I just want to be able to get :site name, storage used, and max storage. and put it in an Excel sheet

Thank you

• 5. Re: Storage used or consumed by each tableau server site
                  Russell Christopher

You could find / copy / modify the "tabbed_admin" reports, which essentially are the same vizzes you can run from the "Status" page of Tableau. There's a specific report that deals with sizes of extracts, and I'm sure you could change that one around and then export it.

However, there's probably an easier way if you don't mind a little bit of hacking.

The data you need is already being sent to the browser...so just GRAB it.

If you launch your browser's Dev Tools (I happen to be in IE at the moment), and then go to "Network" when you call the Sites page above, there is a call to getSites. The response to this call is actually the information in your screenshot:

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 8.46.28 AM.png

I right-clicked that entry and chose "Copy Response Payload".

The payload is JSON:

{"result":{"totalCount":2,"moreItems":false,"sites":

[{"settings":    

{"urlName":""

,"name":"Default",

"storageQuotaEnabled":false,

"siteAdminsCanAddUsers":true,

"userQuotaEnabled":false,

"metricsEnabled":false,

"cacheWarmupEnabled":true,

"authoringEnabled":true,

"sheetImageEnabled":true,

"versionHistoryEnabled":true,

"contentVersionLimitEnabled":true,

"dataAlertsEnabled":true,

"contentVersionLimit":25,

"guestAccessEnabled":true,

"customSubscriptionEmailEnabled":false,

"customSubscriptionFooterEnabled":false,

"commentingEnabled":true},"userCount":1,

"availability":"active",

"storageUsedBytes":73853125596,

"siteAdminSettings":{"refreshTokenEnabled":true,"refreshFailureNotificationEnabled":true,"addSupportUserEnabled":false,"remoteQueryingEnabled":false},"licensedUserCount":0,"adminCount":0,"id":"1"},

{"settings":    

{"urlName":"Foo",

"name":"Foo",

"storageQuotaEnabled":false,"siteAdminsCanAddUsers":true,"userQuotaEnabled":false,"metricsEnabled":false,"cacheWarmupEnabled":true,"authoringEnabled":true,"sheetImageEnabled":true,"versionHistoryEnabled":true,"contentVersionLimitEnabled":true,"dataAlertsEnabled":true,"contentVersionLimit":25,"guestAccessEnabled":false,"customSubscriptionEmailEnabled":false,"customSubscriptionFooterEnabled":false,"commentingEnabled":true},"createdAt":"2017-06-16T15:27:01.902Z","userCount":1,"availability":"active","storageUsedBytes":0,"siteAdminSettings":{"refreshTokenEnabled":true,"refreshFailureNotificationEnabled":true,"addSupportUserEnabled":false,"remoteQueryingEnabled":false},"licensedUserCount":0,"adminCount":0,"id":"3"}]}}

...you can parse this JSON yourself and/or save it as JSON file and then import it into Tableau and let Tableau do the parsing for you.