Hey Shivani Kataria,
In most cases, this message indicates that there is some network configuration issue preventing Tableau Desktop from communicating with Tableau Server.
To help resolve the issue, do the following two tasks:
1. Check that Tableau Server can be accessed and logged in to from a browser on the same machine that is running Tableau Desktop.
2. Verify that there are no firewalls blocking TableauDesktop.exe form communicating over the network.
- Click the Start button, select Control Panel > Windows Firewall.
- Click Allow program to communicate through Windows Firewall link in the left-side pane.
- Click the Allow another program button, scroll to and select Tableau 8.0.
- Click the Add button.
- When finished, click OK.
Lénaïc RIÉDINGER, Global Community Engineer Tableau
If you see a Helpful or Correct response, please mark it thanks to the buttons below the targeted post!
I have the same error when I try to publish a report from destop v10.1 to server v10.2 (I am not able to update to 10.2 due to some license issues)