5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2017 7:34 AM by Jim Dehner

Hide sheets by clicking on another

Anshul Sharma

Hi

chart_Filters_White_color.PNG

In the above dashboard I am filtering the bar charts by clicking on Delighted(Highlighted in Blue), Dissatisfied and Overall. Along with filtering the charts i also want to change the sheet(circled in red)  on every click i.e if i click on a Overall, sheet circled in red will be displayed if i click on dissatisfied a different sheet will be displayed in the same place, same for Delighted. I have attached the workbook.

please suggest.

• 1. Re: Hide sheets by clicking on another
          Sankarmagesh Rajan

Hi Anshul,

Drag the horizontal container and drag the targeted sheets

Use the exclude all values option in action filter.

Thanks

sankar

• 2. Re: Hide sheets by clicking on another
            Jim Dehner

Good morning

I took a look at your workbook and would suggest a change to the way your are trying to analyze the data - your approach using groupings based on the CSAT score is leaving you with with separate dimensions for each agent rating - that is difficult to work with - I would recommend a  calculated filed like this: for Case Rating

ifnull(if [Overall CSAT] <= 6 then "Dissatisfied"

elseif [Overall CSAT] = 7 then "Satisfied"

elseif [Overall CSAT]>7 then "Delighted" end,"")

The ifnull part just removes the nulls the remainder will create rating groups but will do it in a single dimension

Then you can create a worksheet like this bu just dragging the agent scores to the VIZ

This will convert to % of total using a table calculation

Which converts to a horizontal bar chart like this

And that you can load on to a dashboard that would work like this

and using a highlight filter you would get this

As for the Text you want to add you will need to create a Calculated field that related to the score for each measure - I would do it and drag it to the dashboard and use the names on the barchart to filter the text - Not difficult to do here - but I am out of time - if you need more help let me know

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Hide sheets by clicking on another
              Jim Dehner

BTW - I can not attach a workbook - I am on a different version of Tableau

Jim

• 4. Re: Hide sheets by clicking on another
                Anshul Sharma

Hi Jim,

good morning.

Thanks a lot for looking into this, actually the main problem is still not resolved chart_Filters_White_color.PNG

when I click on overall i want a different sheet inside the red circle(or Oval), when i click on dissatisfied i want a different one and when click on Delighted a different one . At one particular moment only one sheet  will be visible(corresponding to the button clicked)  rest of the two will be hidden.

please suggest

• 5. Re: Hide sheets by clicking on another
                  Jim Dehner

You have create text as a single sheet that does not change with the item selected - to get the "Text to change" you will need to build the text around a measure

Here is one way of doing it

Create a Calculated field like shown below

CASE [enter agent measure]

when "Knowledge" then "type in specific knowledge text here"

When "Professional" then "Type in specific Knowledge Text Here"

end

You will need a When clause and a statement for each measure -

Create a Parameter as shown below

Here the Value must match exactly the When clause value and you will need one for each measure

You can display whatever you want

Then create a worksheet by showing the parameter you just created and then drag the TEXT field you just created to the canvas

Set the type to Text on the marks card and you will have to size the print field to hold the text

Then go to your dashboard and drag the new worksheet to the board and position the Parameter in the same tray you positioned the highlight filter for the bar chart

and you should end up with something like this

The text will change when the parameter control is changed to a different agent score

Jim

If this posts assists in resolving the question, please mark it helpful or as the 'correct answer' if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

1 of 1 people found this helpful