2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2017 12:17 PM by Chris Crombie

TabPy on Windows 7 from Docker: "External Service: An error has occurred during connection to localhost:9004: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it ExtSvc: Couldn't connect to server"

Samuel Harrold

Hello,

I'm running TabPy on Windows 7 from Docker, and I can't seem to connect to the Python server instance from Tableau 10.3.0. I've created inbound and outbound rules for Tableau and port 9004, but from the message, it looks like I may be missing another Windows firewall setting. The issue seems related to a couple other posts linked below.

Anyone have any advice? Thanks for your help!

Sam

Tableau error message (20170607_Tableau-TabPy-Error.png attached):

"External Service: An error has occurred during connection to localhost:9004: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it ExtSvc: Couldn't connect to server"

Configuration:

OS: Windows 7 Enterprise, 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

Tableau: 10.3.0 (10300.17.0515.2100) 64-bit

Docker image with TabPy: https://hub.docker.com/r/emhemh/tabpy/

(Docker on Windows 7 requires Docker Toolbox)

(Maybe) Related:

Unable to start Taby server on Windows 10 · Issue #20 · tableau/TabPy · GitHub

Getting RServe error while conencting to TabPy · Issue #10 · tableau/TabPy · GitHub

Tableau 10.2.0 No connection to tabpy · Issue #24 · tableau/TabPy · GitHub

Tableau 10.2.0 cannot connection to tabpy